This episode was recorded on Saturday 15 November 2014, in Perth, Western Australia.
Brooching the Subject:
- Watch the episode to see if you were a winner of either the 400 Member or 600 Member Giveaway. :-)
- The 700 Member Giveaway will be drawn when I record on the weekend of 6th/7th December - enter on the Ravelry thread
- Marigold Jen has generously donated a skein of yarn which you can enter to win at this Ravelry thread. Go to her Etsy shop and enter the discount code "yarnderwoman15" to get 15% off your purchase during November 2014.
- Indie Designer Gift-a-long - get 25% off patterns from 13-21 November 2014. Nancy Whitman has donated prizes to us for 700 Member giveaway - see her Ravelry pattern page to get the 25% off pattern prices using the code "giftalong2014"
- Elements yarn from Spinning Yarns Weaving Tales - enter code "yarnderwoman" to get 10% off the purchase price of any Elements yarns or bamboo needles
- "No Purl Monkeys" socks in Knit Picks Felici, 'Foxglove' colourway
- "Bunny Blanket Buddy" toy in Berroco Vintage Chunky, 'Raspberry' colourway
Works in Progress:
- "Basic Ribbed Socks", using "Fish Lips Kiss Heel" in Gnome Acres House Gnome, 'Joker' colourway
- "Slo' Moe" snail, using Quaere Worsted in 'All the Crayons in the Box' colourway and Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Mediumweight in 'Pistachio'
- How about we have a knit-a-long to make Lehua in January and/or February 2015? Let me know on the Ravelry thread what you think. :-)
- Make your own doll kits from Miko Designs
- Sock blockers from Tesla Knits - a pair for me, and a pair for a future prize
- Brooch from Yandiwa, a WA woodworker (and fellow knitter!)
- Nesting kit (and prize donation of llama 'poo paper'!) from Fox Hill Llamas
- Graceful Pullover - pattern proceeds go to help a family in need
- Curious Handmade Holiday knitting planner
- Purchases from Desert Visa Dyeworks, Fibernymph Dyeworks and White Birch Fiber Arts
Spin Me Right Round:
- Studio Ghibli movie festival
- Minerva Turkey podcast
- Planning to knit lots of jumpers and cardigans next year
- Actually Knitting podcast - includes great crock pot / slow cooker recipes
- Tori Amos!
Happy crafting everyone!