Saturday 3 February 2018

Episode 68: Finding Inspiration

Welcome to Episode 68 of the YarnderWoman Podcast! This episode, as always, comes to you from Perth in Western Australia, and was filmed on Friday 2 February 2018.

You can find YarnderWoman merchandise on Red Bubble. All purchases send a little money my way to help keep the lights on for the podcast.



Today's segments are as follows:

Brooching the Subject:




Finished Objects:
-- See my Ravelry project page for specific details --

  • Lupine “Rubies in My Pocket” hat – waiting on the pompom maker to arrive
  • Knit night shawl for Sisonke Msimang, to be given at the Perth Writers Week event
  • Face washer
  • ‘‘Twas night before” socks for YarnderMum (my Christmas Eve cast on)



Works in Progress:
-- See my Ravelry project page for specific details --

  • No-heel ribbed socks
  • Organic face washer (ongoing)
  • Plans for the Amaganset dress


Spinning Me Right ‘Round:



Podcasts I've been enjoying:



I'm currently re-reading (listening) to “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix”, the fifth book in the Harry Potter series by J K Rowling.

During the last few months of last year, I listened to a lot of self-improvement books, around tidying/cleaning, minimalism and slow living. I’ll chat more about those in the next episode – let me know if there are any specific topics you’d like to hear about.

The article that gives a great analogy about how some people with chronic illness may / often feel can be found here:
https://butyoudontlooksick.com/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory/

No comments:

Post a Comment